Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Eclipse



☺☺☺☺
My View:   What can I say? Like any book, it has strengths and weaknesses. For instance Bella's mindset is really annoying. But is it's also not entirely unrealistic... have you ever met a teenage girl "in love?" Also, I'm not crazy about either of the guys who love her, but I wouldn't be willing to tolerate their animosity any more than she does. In short, it's a book series. It may be the only book series I know of that was done a disservice by the development of a fandom, though. Translated: These were fine, totally passable YA books until people started freaking out over them.

    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Personally owned hardback novel, 629 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    October 1, 2010-October 9, 2010
    Author:
    Stephenie Meyer
    Publication Year:
    2007
    Recommended To:
    Same as the others. The dust jacket's inside flap says it perfectly: "Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse." Word of warning: Don't read them one-after-another like I am for the sake of these reviews. They have become slightly nauseating.
    Quotes:
    "Charlie nodded slowly. 'Yeah. The right thing isn't always real obvious. Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else. So… good luck figuring that out'" (363).
    Movie?
    Of course. My friends and I took a foreign exchange student to see it in theaters actually. Equivalent quality to the others.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac


Bibliographic info:
  • "Eclipse Cover." Fanpop. Spin Media, n.d. Web. 28 July 2013.
  • Meyer, Stephenie. Eclipse. New York: Little, Brown, 2007. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...