Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

My Rating: 

Method of Reading: Target's seven-book paperback.
Dates of Reading: January 10, 2015-May 20, 2015
Author: C.S. Lewis
Publication Year: 1952
Recommended to: Readers of the other books.
Quotes:
"'Why!' cried Lord Rhoop. 'You have destroyed it!'
   'I don't think it was us,' said Lucy" (512).
"I am the great Bridge Builder" (541).
Movie: Yes, but I haven't seen it nor do I remember it being advertised.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Voyage_of_the_Dawn_Treader
Link: https://www.cslewis.com/us/books/hardcover/the-voyage-of-the-dawn-treader/9780060234867

My View: This is likely my favorite Narnia book yet. I've been amazed at how quickly Lewis's stories read, but this one's "checkpoints" at various islands made it move even faster than usual.

Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliography:
Lewis, C.S. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. 2001. The Chronicles of Narnia. New York: HarperCollins, n.d. 419-541. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...