Thursday, May 15, 2014

Insurgent

My Rating: 

Method of Reading: Personally owned hardback, 525 pages.

Dates of Reading: April 20, 2014-May 14, 2014
Author: Veronica Roth
Publication Year: 2012
Recommended to: People who liked Divergent. It's not any better than the first book but I was more involved with the characters. This book is effectively only useful as a stepping stone to Allegiant, but that's okay.
Quotes: 
Movie: Coming up soon, release date set for March 20, 2015.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurgent_(novel)
Link: http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com/p/books.html

My View: Love the character development here (when was the last time a character felt so personal?) and the honesty of the writing. Yet the story still doesn't appeal to me in this one. Maybe I'm just so lame that I want my stories (at the least) to be clear and this isn't giving me that but… but it felt like the Battle of Hogwarts for a book and a half with not enough meat to make it worthwhile.


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliography:
"Insurgent." Goodreads. Goodreads Inc., n.d. Web. 16 May 2014.
"Insurgent." Bray and Books. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 May 2014.
"Theo James and His Sexy Voice Take an Audi Commercial to the Next Level." Divergent Movies. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...