Thursday, May 15, 2014

Divergent

My Rating: 

Method of Reading: Personally owned paperback, 487 pages.

Dates of Reading: April 17, 2014-April 19, 2014
Author: Veronica Roth
Publication Year: 2011
Recommended to: I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that anyone who likes Hunger Games will like this. I can't think of the right group to funnel toward this, but I'm tempted to say early high school. It's weirdly suited to more of a Twilight reader in a lot of ways.
Quotes:
Movie: Brand spankin' new. Have not seen it, not really clambering to see it, but some of my friends went and loved it… probably like 90% of that is thanks to Theo James. Maybe 95%… Sadly, there was no Uriah in this movie and I find that unacceptable. I'm told that several high-stakes changes were made when moving this story from literature to film, some of which I'm told weren't pulled off very well. If I ever see it, I'll have a real opinion to share on those edits.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergent_(novel)
Link: http://veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com/p/books.html

My View: Bravo, Veronica Roth. You've created a heroine I can feel with even when I don't agree with her. Her world kinda drives me up a wall even before it starts showing signs of severe crumbling. Now I'm feeling all dystopian and wanting to read Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Forest of Hands and Teeth, The Giver, and This World We Live In… even "Harrison Bergeron" again. Sadly it reads like thin soup tastes... almost like Twilight or another epic without enough plot.


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliography:
"Books." Veronica Roth. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2014.
"Divergent." Blogspot. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2014.
Don't Try and Define Me. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...