Sunday, April 5, 2015

Nine Stories

My Rating: 

Method of Reading: Personally owned paperback book 
Dates of Reading: December 31, 2014-April 3, 2015
Author: J.D. Salinger
Publication Year: 1953
Recommended to: College readers or busy workpeople who need something they can read in bits and pieces.
Quotes: 
Movie: A smattering.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Stories_%28Salinger%29
Link: http://www.gradesaver.com/nine-stories

My View: Although I am not usually a short story fan, I really appreciated these. I wasn't a huge fan of quite everything, but I loved the continuity and development of themes (particularly innocence/childhood and the ill and positive effects of losing them, of loneliness, of narcissism...). Perhaps my favorite story was "To Esme--with Love and Squalor," which I understand is a popular choice. I also quite liked "Teddy" and "Just Before the War with the Eskimos." "Down at the Dinghy" was a close second to "Esme," though.

Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliography:

  • Salinger, J.D. Nine Stories. Boston: Little, Brown, 1991. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...