Saturday, January 9, 2016

Silver Linings Playbook

My Rating: 

Method of Reading: Personally owned paperback novel, 289 pages
Dates of Reading: December 24, 2015-December 26, 2015
Author: Matthew Quick
Publication Year: 2008
Recommended to: People who like Catcher in the Rye, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, The Great Gatsby, or The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Quotes: 
Movie: Yep, but my understanding is that it was considerably modified from the book. Also, I do not see Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in these roles. Whatever.

Wikipedia Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silver_Linings_Playbook
Link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Silver-Linings-Playbook-Novel/dp/0374533571

My View: Great. I had never actually known what this book was about, so when I picked up my gifted copy at the start of Christmas break, I was really (pleasantly) surprised. Quick knocked it out of the park. Convincingly narrated, well-paced, and lovable. An interesting treatment of mental illness, sports mania, and relationships. One thing I truly appreciated was the livability of the characters--literally. They could live. Nobody was a "bad guy," but nobody felt totally reliable either. I've recommended it to readers who enjoyed Catcher in the RyeThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the NighttimeThe Great Gatsby, or The Perks of Being a Wallflower because of how excellently this unreliable narrator is portrayed. Really excellent debut novel.

Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliography:
Quick, Matthew. Silver Linings Playbook. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2008. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...