Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

JJJJ
My View:   A strong story. Told from the view of a genius who will never known it. I especially liked this book for how Haddon neatly blends traditional storytelling with Christopher's unique perspective. Written flawlessly without fear, reserve, or sugar-coating, this book has an old-fashioned flavor being expressed from a new viewpoint.
Wikipedia Link: N/A
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Public Library hardcover novel, 226 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    June 29, 2010-July 1, 2010
    Author:
    Mark Haddon
    Publication Year:
    2003
    Recommended To:
    It was recommended to me by someone who's in college studying to be a Special Ed teacher. But I'd recommend it to any high schooler who I think could appreciate it and learn from it and empathize with the storyteller.
    Quotes:

    Movie?
    No, but I guess it could be done. You'd need some strong direction.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Haddon, Mark. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. New York: Doubleday, 2003. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...