Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pride and Prejudice

JJJJJ
My View:   Filled it with realistic, believable characters who aren't over-perfected or over-romanticized (for her time period). Yes, the book is long, but it's also one of the most re-readable books on my shelf. A great novel about love, life, and family (particularly sisterhood). I am looking forward to reading more of Jane Austen's books.

One thing I especially appreciate about Pride and Prejudice is that it's a thoughtful book, but still entertaining. I like the reserve of the era's writing, and it proves you can have a riveting book without getting into even PG-13 territory.

I've started viewing this book as the forerunner of the character-driven story. What do you think of this analysis?

      General Information:
      Method of Reading:
      Kindle, 480 pages in paperback
      Dates of Reading:
      Apr. 2, 2009-Apr. 25, 2009
      Author:
      Jane Austen
      Publication Year:
      1813
      Recommended To:
      Women in 8th grade or above. Exceptional readers who love reading may be able to read it in 6th grade. I read it as a 9th grader and feel it is a great fit for my age group. The only trouble for younger readers is the language, which is old-fashioned, and therefore may be difficult. But I got used to it really quickly.
      Quotes:

      Movie?
      Yes, there are actually a few! My roommates and I love the 2005 Keira Knightly version but I'm searching for a movie buddy to watch the realllllyyyy long Colin Firth version with me.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac


Bibliographic info:
  • Austen, Jane. Pride and Prejudice. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Electronic.
  • Callahan, Erin. "Cover Story: Pride and Prejudice." Forever Young Adult. Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, n.d. Web. 28 July 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...