Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nobody's Prize

JJJ
My View:   I found it to be quite a shame that this novel did not seem like a continuation of the last book. The style and story were the same, of course, but the topics covered changed so much that finding the Helen of Nobody's Princess in Nobody's Prize was difficult. The challenge was not in keeping up with the consistently underwhelming plot, but in all of the random twists in characters. I must say though, that as I start the next book I am reading (Rules of the Road) I miss Helen and Milo and all of their exploits. Maybe a third book will continue this series soon.

Wikipedia Link: N/A
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Public Library hardcover novel, 302 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    June 22, 2009-June 26, 2009
    Author:
    Esther Friesner
    Publication Year:
    2008
    Recommended To:
    8th+ grade  girls. The writing felt a bit circuitous. Or maybe I'm just in summer reading mode and grazed over parts… okay, I totally skipped over some parts....
    Quotes:
    "Hope costs nothing, right?" (132).
    Movie?
    This one has some harder (and more varied) settings to put into a movie. I wouldn't recommend it go into a script because it never read quite like a movie, and probably wouldn't make a very good follow-up to Nobody's Princess.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac


Bibliographic info:
  • Friesner, Esther M. Nobody's Prize. New York: Random House, 2008. Print.
  • "Nobody's Prize." Princesses of Myth. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 July 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...