Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lucky T

JJJJJ
My View:   I've read this novel a bunch of times and somehow I keep picking it up. It's one of my go-to books when I just need some comfort and entertainment, like the Gallagher Girls, The Secret Life of Bees, and Secrets of My Hollywood Life. The story is well told and never gets slow. The voice is natural, but extremely entertaining in a subtle way. I'm always satisfied with reading it, and never feel as if the re-read was a waste of time. The message is subtle, unobtrusive to the plot, and sweet. I like the fact that the plot could just be interesting if you read it for surface-level content, but it can definitely be meaningful for those who want more from it. I love the characters as if they were real people, although I still feel comfortably outside of the story as my alter-ego, Carrie, tells it. Hilarious and cute, an altogether perfect before-bed book.
Wikipedia Link: N/A
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Personally owned paperback novel, 291 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    March 13, 2010-March 24, 2010
    Author:
    Kate Brian
    Publication Year:
    2005
    Recommended To:
    Girls 12-18
    Quotes:
    "'Everyone makes mistakes, Miss Fitzgerald,' he said with a small smile. 'Not everyone tries to correct them'" (291).
    Movie?
    No. But it completely reads like a movie, so it totally should be!
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Brian, Kate. Lucky T. New York: Simon & Schuster for Young Readers, 2005. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...