Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

JJJJJ
My View:   I, of course, absolutely love the Harry Potter series. A lot. And this book is actually a very good book of the series. The writing is just as unrefined as in the first one, reminding you that the books are still mainly children's literature (and still will be for a few more books). The stakes are no higher than in the Philosopher's Stone, and the situations are no less fantastic, but the characters are highly believable and have their own minds. Letting them run their own world while JKR narrates makes for an excellent story, and I am so ready for Year 3!

    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Personally owned paperback novel, 341 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    July 17, 2009-July 20, 2009
    Author:
    J.K. Rowling
    Publication Year:
    1999
    Recommended To:
    Anyone who liked the first book at all, because this one gets better!
    Quotes:
    See Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
    Movie?
    There is one (released November 15, 2002), and I watch it in pieces occasionally, but I like to keep my version in my mind first and foremost :)
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac


Bibliographic info:
  • "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Hard Cover (Book #2)." WB Shop. Warner Bros. Studios, n.d. Web. 28 July 2013.
  • Rowling, J. K., and Mary GrandPré. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. New York: A.A. Levine, 1999. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...