Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Persuasion

JJJJJ
My View:   Mostly I read this in the few days I was home sick from school and I never wanted to put it down! Although confusing at times, it can be easily understood with careful notes of location, plot, and character. Jane Austen was obviously a genius and though many say her books are all about getting a bunch of petty girls married, they go much deeper than that, making bold statements about character, manner, sexism, and society. She hits on some of the best and most genuine characters ever seen in fine literature. Anne is well-written and truthful and does females justice. I'd rank it even above Pride and Prejudice. Long, but barely noticeable because of the exquisite writing. Worth a re-read.
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Kindle, 288 pages in paperback
    Dates of Reading:
    February 20, 2010-March 1, 2010
    Author:
    Jane Austen
    Publication Year:
    1818
    Recommended To:
    Any Jane Austen lovers! If you've never read her books, I'd recommend it highly to girls 13+ and strong readers younger than that.
    Quotes:

    Movie?
    I believe there are a couple versions (I know there's at least one), but I haven't seen any of them.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Austen, Jane. Persuasion. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Electronic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...