Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dairy Queen

JJJ
My View:   Although this book starts slow, and has lots of slow areas throughout, there are a couple of places where the book becomes a real page-turner. Murdock has some promise as an author, and (although this is not one of my favorite books, and I was determined to create a bad review as I read some of the more boring parts of the book) I could read this book's sequel and triquel. 

    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Public Library hardcover novel, 275 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    July 4, 2009-July 8, 2009
    Author:
    Catherine Gilbert Murdock
    Publication Year:
    2006
    Recommended To:
    An 8th grade girl, or an older girl who really needs a fun, fairly easy read.
    Quotes:

    Movie?
    This might make an okay movie, with some heavy editing. Otherwise it would drag on and on and on

    and on.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac


Bibliographic info:
  • "Three of My Favorite Underappreciated YA Novels." Good Life Books. Federated Media Publishing, 18 June 2013. Web. 28 July 2013.
  • Murdock, Catherine Gilbert. Dairy Queen: A Novel. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2006. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...