Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


:) :) :)

My View:   Hehe. I so enjoy these things. This book is great, especially after having read Huckleberry Finn because it puts a new spin on the characters (technically, Huckleberry was actually the "new spin," but I read these out of order). Never drags, always new and exciting. I always wanted to be these kids, or be their friend. Overall, at least as (probably more) satisfying as (than) Huck! But the ending was so fast it made me itch for more, like the last sentence had been left unfinished. But that's how these guys are: Unpolished, speedy, and ready to move on. If only I was ready to put it down!
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    iTouch app, "Masterpieces," 256 pages in paperback
    Dates of Reading:
    August 5, 2010-August 12, 2010
    Author:
    Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
    Publication Year:
    1876
    Recommended To:
    Readers my age who enjoy "younger" fiction and history. Also, the teens who read Huckleberry Finn for school and liked it should definitely read this one. But I don't understand how it gets a little rep as a kiddie book, except that it is centered around kids. It's gets a little intense (like when they find Injun Joe dead).
    Quotes:
    "'The names of the first two disciples were?'
    'David and Goliath!'
    Let us draw the curtain of charity over the remainder of the scene."

    "tyranny… The consequence was, that the smaller boys spent their days in terror and suffering and their nights plotting revenge"

    "he 'found a clew.' But you can't hang a 'clew' for murder"

    "whether he was good, bad, or indifferent, he was the Lord's"
    Movie?
    Yes, a few versions.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Twain, Mark. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. N.p.: n.p. n.d. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...