Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gimme a Call

JJJJJ
My View:   I love this book! I semi-randomly chose it (bit of a Hail Mary) while at Barnes & Noble, even though the story sounded cheesy. Why? Because Jen Calonita had a recommendation on the back, and Libba Bray and Ally Carter were in the Acknowledgements.
I am so glad I trusted them.
It's perfect (and not cheesy despite feeling low-budget). Devi (at all ages) is an every-girl type of character, but she has an actual personality. Very relatable in many ways, especially when she's being an over-achiever. Definitely about to be placed reverently on my re-read shelf.
Wikipedia Link: N/A
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Personally owned hardcover novel, 301 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    July 11, 2010-July 13, 2010
    Author:
    Sarah Mlynowski
    Publication Year:
    2010
    Recommended To:
    Any girl my age or even a year or so younger. It'd be completely age-appropriate for a girl headed into eighth grade. I'll certainly recommend it to friends.
    Quotes:
    "'I don't want a new phone!'…
       'But this one has Bluetooth. And a navigator'" (241).
    Movie?
    No, but there's gotta be one! It's the type of book that some movie company will latch onto way too quickly and possibly ruin if rushed. But if done properly, I can see it becoming a classic!
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Mlynowski, Sarah. Gimme a Call. New York: Delacorte, 2010. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...