Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life As We Knew It

JJJJJ
My View:   Stunning. I rarely cry in books, but this was an exception. It pulled me in and I almost felt like I had to finish the book to get Miranda to a (hopefully) happy ending: I couldn't leave her and the rest of Howell. Miranda's voice has a perfect mix between sentiment, reason, and realism and you just can't abandon her until you finish. It made me feel like *my* world had been forever altered and *I* needed to worry about my friends surviving, and having enough food, water, oil, and energy to get through it all. I actually felt like I had to go check the moon out and make sure it hadn't moved. Very intense and moving, with a 100%-relatable character and a frightening plot. I must get my hands on the companion!
    General Information:
    Method of Reading:
    Public Library hardcover novel, 337 pages
    Dates of Reading:
    August 16, 2010-August 18, 2010
    Author:
    Susan Beth Pfeffer
    Publication Year:
    2006
    Recommended To:
    All teen girl readers. This was amazing and so real that any girl could pick it up and believe it.
    Warning: This is not for the faint of heart or anyone under age 12.
    Quotes:
    "those stupid tests (or by those tests where I was stupid)" (69).
    Movie?
    No, but it'd be a dream come true if I could audition for Miranda. Who cares that I don't like dramas? This book breaks too many rules to not break that one, too.
Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Pfeffer, Susan Beth. Life as We Knew It. Orlando: Harcourt, 2006. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...