Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Collection of Letters

Rating: 
Method of Reading: Kindle - part of Love and Freindship, and once again tough to assign a page count to.
Dates of Reading: December 18, 2010-December 18, 2010
Author: Jane Austen
Publication Year: Again, after Jane died, but goodness knows what year.
Recommended To: Austenites.
Quotes:
   "I am half delighted with myself for my impertinence."
Movie: No, and it couldn't be a good one.

Wikipedia Link: N/A
Link: http://www.pemberley.com/janeinfo/juviscrp.html

My View: This odd collection is yet another example of the role letters play in Austen's writing and development. Each letter seems like the beginning of a full-blown story which was born and completed in Jane Austen's mind, but she only had the patience to put down her favorite bit on paper. Thereafter, she trusted the contents of her all-powerful letters would be sufficient to aid the readers' minds in completing their own story, or at least to mortify them with a cliffhanger.

Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...