Saturday, June 8, 2013

Life-changing books

As you can read in the post below (and please do) I reorganized my bookshelves this week. One thing I did when I redid my system was make a shelf of the books that I like to look through frequently--specifically, the books that I can credit with having changed my life or been landmarks in my reading history. Here is the list of the books that have gained a spot on this coveted shelf.

(1) To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Which I read too long ago... in middle school. That is why it doesn't have a post on this blog so far. If I get around to rereading it, I will post about it.)

(2) The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (There is a post about that! So you can totally search for it and read all about it.)

(3) Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo (Ahhh! A beautiful book I loved when my third-grade teacher read it aloud to us and which I love now. I am unashamed to say that I will likely be rereading this one and may be posting about it.)

(4) Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan (One of my first "real" books. Love.)

(5) The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (The book that might have solidified my lifelong love of books. Such a great way to prove that reading and imagination are a beautiful combination.)

(6) The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (Read my post on this. This book must be shared. I probably wrote my Common App essay on it, just saying.)

(7) Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer (Another beauty that I've previously posted about. It's helped me through some long days, weeks, and months.)

(8) Catch-22 by Joseph Heller (Read my post, peeps.)

(9) The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo (I didn't realize I had a double-author up there until I had to type out their names for this post... yay Kate!)

(10) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (A wonder. Read my post!)

(11) My leather-bound Jane Austen set. It's beautiful. See? 


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...