Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hamlet

Rating: 

Method of Reading: Class copy of Shakespeare in Performance: Hamlet, compiled by Thomas Monsell, unknown number of pages
Dates of Reading: November 4, 2011-November 17, 2011
Author: William Shakespeare
Publication Year: 1603
Recommended to: Fans of Shakespeare and general theater. Jane Austen fans, I have now realized, may also find a literary match in Shakespeare's works.
Quotes: As always, this is Shakespeare, I'm not going to fit everything I want here.
Movie: Ohhhh yeah. Many. Lots and lots. And lots. Playing Hamlet is a way to prove an actor's (or even actress's) chops as a seriously accomplished performer.


Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamlet
Link: http://nfs.sparknotes.com/hamlet/

My View: A refreshing, genius stroke of Shakespeare. Romance, adventure, mystery, family, drama, and comedy all in one! Plus, the writing is mind-bendingly subtle and brilliant.


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Shakespeare, William. Hamlet. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...