Friday, June 7, 2013

Heist Society

Rating: 

Method of Reading: Personally owned paperback novel, 304 pages
Dates of Reading: July 4, 2011-July 6, 2011
Author: Ally Carter
Publication Year: 2010
Recommended to: Fans of the Gallagher Girls series.... This wasn't quite as good by my estimation, but I'm also further from Carter's target audience by now.
Quotes:
Movie: None yet.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heist_society
Link: http://allycarter.com/books/heist-society/synopsis

My View: Although quite different from the Gallagher Girls style, especially due to the shift from first to third person, it was still entertaining. Unfortunately, much like the latest GG books, this novel lacks the warmth, emotion, laughs, and personality of I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You and Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover. By attempting to appeal to a slightly older demographic, I think Carter lost her voice. I really hope that she returns not only to her original series, but to her original style, soon.


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Carter, Ally. Heist Society. New York: Disney/Hyperion, 2010. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...