Friday, June 7, 2013

Queen Victoria: A Personal Biography

Rating: 

Method of Reading: Public library hardcover novel, 504 pages
Dates of Reading: July 14, 2011-July 30, 2011
Author: Christopher Hibbert
Publication Year: 2000
Recommended to: Anyone interested in history, especially British history, Queen Victoria, or the British monarchy. Hibbert is a master biographer, so I'd recommended his work over others.
Quotes: 
Movie: I guess so, if Young Victoria and the plethora of other Victoria movies count...

Wikipedia Link: N/A
Link: http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Victoria-Personal-Christopher-Hibbert/dp/0306810859

My View: Really fantastic. Never dry or full, always written with humor and warmth. A broad but focused account of England's longest-reigning monarch's life, habits, rule, and relationships. I'll definitely be looking for more Hibbert in the future!


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Hibbert, Christopher. Queen Victoria: A Personal History. New York: Basic, 2000. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...