Saturday, June 8, 2013

Abraham Lincoln and Civil War America

Rating: 

Method of Reading: Paperback book for class
Dates of Reading: November 1, 2012-November 20, 2012
Author: William E. Gienapp
Publication Year: 2002
Recommended to: History buffs; particularly military historians, Lincolnites, and warmongers.
Quotes:
Movie: I will not list the thousand and twelve Abraham Lincoln movies for you. Trust me, you'll find them.

Wikipedia Link: N/A
Link: http://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jala/2629860.0025.209/--abraham-lincoln-and-civil-war-america-a-biography?rgn=main;view=fulltext

My View: A good, concise take on Lincoln's presidency, focussing on his role as Commander in Chief. Enjoyable.


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Gienapp, William E. Abraham Lincoln and Civil War America: A Biography. New York: Oxford UP, 2001. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...