Friday, June 7, 2013

The Help

Rating: 

Method of Reading: Kindle, 464 pages in hardcover
Dates of Reading: August 19, 2011-September 5, 2011
Author: Kathryn Stockett
Publication Year: 2009
Recommended to: Fans of The Secret Life of Bees and most other women who like to read historical fiction but don't need romance to stay entertained.
Quotes: 
   "'Cause that's the way prayer do. It's like electricity, it keeps things going."
   "Don't let him cheapen you."
Movie: Yes! It's gotten rave reviews, which was what made me want to read the book.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Help
Link: http://www.kathrynstockett.com/stockett-synopsis.htm

My View: An imaginative, moving story about an important topic around the world. I think that this is going to join the same league as The Secret Life of Bees. The characters are all fabulously real and I want to meet most of them. They reflect honestly on the best traits and worst flaws of women everywhere, making them relatable and fresh. I really like Stockett's style and I hope she writes more. Well-constructed, funny, smart. Every fiber in your being feels for the characters.


Always,
Your Bibliomaniac

Bibliographic info:
Stockett, Kathryn. The Help. New York: Amy Einhorn, 2009. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know I love hearing from you so drop me a line...